Rural Electrification and Energy Efficiency in the Ivory Coast
The ECLER IVOIRE project is part of the support programme for the energy sector in the Ivory Coast financed by the European Union (ENERGOS). It aims to contribute to decentralised rural electrification with renewable energies and to improve energy efficiency in public buildings in the Ivory
EXENCI provided its expertise by taking responsibility for the “Energy efficiency in public buildings” component. This involved supervising the exemplary renovation of a building demonstrating energy-saving and energy-management solutions in Abidjan.
The SOGEFIHA building, built in 1977 and managed by the Treasury and Public Accounting Department, is a 5,000 m2 administrative building spread over 9 floors. At the end of the works, according to the BMS monitoring, the building had already achieved energy savings of over 35%.
This energy-efficient renovation is the first to be carried out on an occupied site in the Ivory Coast.
Definition of the logical framework
- Recruitment of local experts and team management
- Preparation of tender documents and selection of the service provider responsible for carrying out the work
- Technical visit to various public buildings in the Ivory Coast to identify the building to be renovated
- Carrying out 6 pre-diagnoses
- Supervision of an in-depth thermal and energy audit by use and by level, and of a feasibility study
- Project management assistance for exemplary energy renovation work on a public building, including :
- Improving thermal insulation on roofs and façades
- Renovation of energy systems (air conditioning, ventilation, lighting)
- Installing an automated energy management and supervision system (BMS)
- Installation of photovoltaic panels
- Supporting the development of institutional skills
- Consultation with stakeholders (ministries, local authorities, technical partners) throughout the project and strengthening their commitment to the project
- Co-creation of a video presenting the project, with Expertise France (below)
- Support for other communication initiatives relating to the project
- Running awareness-raising workshops and taking part in events relating to the energy performance of buildings.
- Expertise France
- European Union Européenne