Training and Study visit for the Albanian Energy Efficiency Agency
As part of its accession to the European Union, Albania has embarked on an in-depth reform of its energy sector. In cooperation with the Albanian Ministry of Infrastructure and Energy, Agence Française de Développement (AFD) has launched an “Energy Sector Reforms” technical assistance (TA) programme in Albania, managed by Expertise France, the French international technical cooperation agency. The aim of the TA is to support Albania in identifying the measures and activities to be implemented with a view to a sustainable energy transition. It includes building the capacity of the young Energy Efficiency Agency (EEA), which was set up three years ago.
EXENCI is providing its technical expertise by delivering energy audit training sessions, tailored to the Albanian situation, to key EEA staff. The training was followed by a technical study visit to France, organised by EXENCI. Meetings and site visits enabled the EEA delegation to gain a better understanding of the energy efficiency strategies, practices and equipment implemented in France.
- Design, preparation and conduct of energy audit training sessions in Albania
- Identification of the expectations of the AEE delegation for a study visit to France
- Identification of organisations and institutions likely to host the Albanian EEA delegation (AFD, ATEE, ADEME, Rouen metropolitan area, négaWatt, industries)
- Coordination and organisation of a two-week technical study visit to France on energy auditing in the public, residential, tertiary and industrial sectors
- Accompanying the study visit
- Expertise France